Updated February 26, 2023
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal information collected through our websites and mobile applications.
Notes about our use of Google Ads:
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
2. Using our services
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you register and use our websites and mobile apps. The personal information that we collect depends on the information that you provide and the websites, apps, and features that you use.
- Personal Information You Provide. We collect names, email addresses, usernames, passwords, contact preferences, contact and authentication data, billing and payment details, and other similar information.
- Social Media or Third-Party Website Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register on our websites or mobile applications using your existing social media accounts, like your LinkedIn®, Google®, Twitter® or other third-party website account. If you choose to register in this way, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media account. The profile information that we receive may vary depending on the policies and processes of the social media provider, but will often include your name, email address, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on your social media platform. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by social media providers. They are independent organizations that are not affiliated with us. We recommend that you review their privacy notices to learn about how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you may be able to configure your privacy preferences on their websites and applications.
- Automated Information. Our systems automatically collect certain data when you visit, use or navigate our websites or mobile applications. These data do not include your identity (e.g., your name or contact information), but may include technical and usage information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address or proxy server; the type and name of the browser, computer, mobile device and operating system you are using when accessing our websites; language preferences; the Uniform Resource Locator’s (URLs) that referred you to our websites; the physical location from which you are accessing our websites; the times periods during which you are visiting our websites; and other technical information required for our websites to operate properly and securely.
- Log and Usage Data. When you access or use our websites or mobile applications, our servers collect service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information and record them in log files. Depending on how you interact with our websites, these log files may store some or all of the automated data described above, along with additional information, such as webpages visited, searches performed, features used, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) and the settings you have selected on the device you use to access our websites.
- Device Data. We collect information about the device and services you use to access our websites or mobile applications (e.g., computer, mobile phone, tablet), such as device application identification number, hardware model, Internet service provider, operating system configuration information and mobile carrier.
- Geolocation Data. When our systems collect information about your geographic location, that information can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the settings you establish on the device that you use to access our websites or mobile applications. You can opt out of allowing us to collect geolocation data by disabling location-related settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to disable these setting, you may not be able to use some of the features and services that our websites provide.
3. How do we process your information?
We process your information only for legitimate business interests and to comply with applicable privacy and other laws.
- Account creation and logon processes. We use the information we collect or receive to create user accounts and allow you to log onto our websites.
- User accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your user accounts on our websites and keeping them in working order.
- Protection of services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Improvements to offerings and services. We may use your information to generate internal business analytics that help us improve our offerings, features and services.
- Performance improvements. We may use your information to improve the performance of our websites, investigate errors, bugs and other technical problems, and generally improve the user experience.
- Marketing and promotional communications. We may use your information for to market our products and services to you, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. If you would prefer that we not contact you for marketing purposes, you may make such election in your account settings on our websites.
- Personalized content and advertising. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) that we hope is tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure the effectiveness of such content and advertising. To learn more about how we enable personalized content and advertising, including options for limiting our use of the technologies that make such personalization possible, please visit the Cookies Notice on our websites.
- Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our websites.
- User-to-user communication. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications via our websites, but only with each user’s consent.
- Legal rights and obligations. We may use your information to comply with our legal obligations, enforce our legal rights (including, but not limited to, those specified in the Terms and Conditions posted on our websites), and to comply with other legal, regulatory and contractual obligations that we encounter.
4. Will we share your information with third parties?
We may share your information with third parties under limited circumstances.
- Consent. We may share your information with third parties if you provide us specific consent to do so.
- Testimonials. From time-to-time we may post testimonials on our websites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent.
- Protection. We may share your information with third parties that agree to protect your information on terms that are consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Marketing. We may share your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. If you would prefer that we not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes (i.e., to solicit or induce a purchase, rental, lease, or exchange of products, goods, property, or services directly by means of the mail, telephone, or electronic mail for personal, family, or household purposes), you may make such election on our websites at any time by logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Business Interests. We may share your information when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests, including to perform any of the functions or achieve any of the objectives described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice.
- Business Transfers. We may, subject to customary and appropriate confidentiality agreements or protections with the parties involved, share or transfer your information in connection with (including during negotiations concerning) acquisitions, mergers, sales of assets, financings, or other significant business transactions.
- Affiliates and Advisors. We may share your information with our company affiliates and our and their employees, legal, financial, business and technical advisors and independent contractors and service providers that have a legal or contractual obligation to protect your information on terms that are consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Vital Concerns. We may share your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our business policies, website terms and conditions, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved (including any litigation in which you or your interests are involved).
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable laws or regulations, a subpoena or similar request (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), a court order, as part of a judicial proceeding, or in connection with other types of legal processes.
5. How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as for tax, accounting, litigation or other requirements). We will then either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further processing until deletion is possible.
6. How do we protect your information?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our websites is at your own risk. You should only access our websites from a secure device and environment.
7. Additional privacy rights provided by local laws
For residents of some regions, such as the European Economic Area and California, you may have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information.
- All regions. You may review, change, or terminate your user account(s) on our websites at any time by logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- European Economic Area. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area you have certain additional rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact us via the support link posted on our websites. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this will not affect either the lawfulness of the processing of such information before your withdrawal or the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm and if you are resident of Switzerland, here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
8. Can I use the “do not track” features on my browser or mobile phone to protect my personal information?
Most Internet browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature or setting that you can activate to signal your preference not to share data about your online browsing activities. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals exists. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your preference not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will update this Privacy Notice.
Our websites may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety or privacy of data you provide to any third parties, including those that advertise on our websites. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this Privacy Notice and we are not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may display information on or be linked to or from our websites.
10. Changes to this Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time-to-time without notice, to reflect, for example, changes in our privacy protection practices. Please re-visit this Privacy Notice regularly to stay informed about our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when we last updated this Privacy Notice.
11. Questions about this Notice
If you have a question, concern or complaint about this Privacy Notice or our handling of your information, you can contact at any time us via the support link posted on our websites.